PNA Clamp Kits
Creative Peptides provides several PNA clamp kits for detecting mutant DNA. Click here to learn more!
Browse our catalog below to find your products of interest.
|PC-001||PNA Clamp KRAS Kit (v2)||G12, G13||30 tests|
|PC-002||PNA Clamp KRAS Kit (v3)||G12, G13, Q61||25 tests|
|PC-003||PNA Clamp KRAS Kit (plus)||A59, K117, A146||25 tests|
|PC-004||PNA Clamp KRAS Kit (v4)||G12, G13, A59, Q61, K117, A146||25 tests|
|PC-005||PNA Clamp NRAS Kit (v4)||G12, G13, A59, Q61, K117, A146||25 tests|
|PC-006||PNA Clamp BRAF Kit||BRAF V600 mutation||50 tests|
|PC-007||PNA Clamp EGFR Kit||G619, E19 del, T790, S768, E20 in, L858, L861||25 tests|
|PC-008||PNA Clamp PIK3CA Kit||E542, E545, H1047||25 tests|
|PC-009||PNA Clamp IDH1 Kit||R132 mutation||25 tests|
PNA is a synthetic analog of DNA that replaces the ribose or deoxyribose, phosphate backbone with a polyamide chain. Peptide nucleic acid can be widely used in molecular hybridization, in situ hybridization, mutation analysis, anticancer, antiviral antisense nucleic acid research and application for pathogen and genetic disease detection. PNA Clamp kits are a type of commercial kit that use PNA Clamp technology to detect DNA mutations.
Principle of PNA Clamp Technology
Generally, most of a sample is wild-type DNA, and mutant DNA only accounts for a very small part, so it is difficult to detect the existence of mutant DNA by ordinary PCR. PNA Clamp technology means that PNA can specifically bind to wild-type DNA, so that wild-type DNA cannot be used as a template for PCR amplification; while for mutant DNA, due to base deletion or mutation, PNA cannot bind to it, so without the interference of the wild-type DNA, the mutant DNA can be easily amplified and detection.
Fig. 1 Principle of the PNA KRAS Mutation Detection Kits (Number K C)
- Mutation detected within a short period of time (3 hours run time, 30 minutes hands-on time)
- Simple operation
- The detection requires less sample (as low as 1~25ng DNA sample)
- High sensitivity (detection limit<1%)
- Strong stability
- Long shelf life (> 1 year).
- Can be used in various types of real-time PCR instruments (eg. BI-7500, ABI-7900HT, Biorad CFX-96/384, Roche Lightcycler, Qiagen RGQ etc.)
- The data analysis software is simple
- PNA Clamp EGFR Mutation Detection Kit detects mutations so far prevalent in the EGFR gene, including T790M
- PNA Clamp IDH1 Mutation Detection Kit can detect mutations at the R132 position with high sensitivity
- PNA Clamp PI3K3CA Kits can detect E542, E545, H1047 mutations in P13K
- Wittung P; et al. DNA-like double helix formed by peptide nucleic acid. Nature. 1994, 368(6471): 561-563.
- Kyung H; et al. EGFR, COX2, p-AKT expression and PIK3CA mutation in distal extrahepatic bile duct carcinoma. Pathology. 2016, 48(1):35-40.
- Number K C. PNA KRAS Mutation Detection Kit.
- Kim J I. Analysis of an EGFR mutation by PNA clamping method in lung carcinoid tumors. Kosin Medical Journal. 2016, 30(2): 141-141.
- Orum, P E; et al. Single base pair mutation analysis by PNA directed PCR clamping. Nucleic Acids Research. 1993.
For Research Use Only. Not For Clinical Use.