Custom PNA Probes
PNA can be used for many hybridization applications, the same as natural or synthetic DNA probes, but it has the advantages of tighter binding and higher specificity. Therefore, the research on PNA is mainly focused on its development as a probe for in situ hybridization analysis.
PNA probes have high binding specificity, and a 15-mer PNA probe can replace a set of longer DNA probes. In addition, the neutral backbone of PNA allows them to bind to DNA or RNA under low ionic strength conditions. Another advantage of using PNA probes is low background signal and compatibility with a variety of reporter molecules and fluorescent dyes, including fluorescein, rhodamine, cyanine and Alexa dyes. The unique properties of PNA have been widely used in gene mutation analysis, chromosome analysis, and research and diagnosis of human pathology, virology, bacteria and fungi. Specifically divide into the following three categories.
- PNA probes in histochemical in situ hybridization
- PNA probes in cytogenetic analysis
- PNA probes in microbiological analysis
- PNA probes in disease diagnosis
Creative Peptides can provide a variety of PNA probe products and specific custom services, mainly including the following types, these products will be widely used.
Telomere PNA probe is a probe used to determine the length of the telomere.
Centromere PNA probe can identify the centromere region of each chromosome.
Gene specific PNA probe can identify the presence of mutant genes at single-cell level.
Infection test PNA probe can quickly and accurately diagnose infectious diseases.
Probe Design Schemes
Self-reported PNA probe
Fig.1 Schematic diagram (He W.; Ma L.R.2003)
Fig.2 Schematic diagram (He W.; Ma L.R.2003)
- Creative Peptides has extensive experience in the research and manufacture of PNA probes, including PNA probe design and synthesis services.
- With years of PNA service, we are able to provide the highest level of quality control for the synthesis of each custom ordered product.
- The expertise of our scientists makes fast turn around and the best customer support.
- He W.; Ma L.R. Peptide nucleic acid. Chemical Industry Press. 2003.
Notice: Products and services are used only for scientific research.