Centromere PNA Probes
Centromere probes can identify the centromere region of each chromosome. They are ideal for detecting aneuploidy and polyploid, dicentric, tricentric and other complex aberrations, as well as general chromosome numerical analysis. If you need to customize some PNA probes, Creative Peptides provides PNA probe customization services, each probe provides a complete experimental program, and all products have been carefully tested.
About Centromere PNA Probes
PNA probes are similar to DNA probes, except that the phosphate backbone is a pseudo peptide polymer. Pseudo peptide polymers are not charged and will not repel DNA or RNA. This allows the PNA probe to bind to the complementary sequence of DNA or RNA with a higher affinity than when DNA or RNA binds to itself.
The centromeres of human chromosomes contain highly repetitive DNA sequences, FISH can be used for detection due to the complex genome structure of centromeres. Using synthetic peptide nucleic acid as a sensitive probe (PNA-FISH) for hybridization to detect chromosomal sites, the centromere size changes between chromosomes can be visualized in a short time, and individual variations in site size can also be detected.
- Centromere probes target the centromere region of a specific chromosome. These probes allow us to enumerate the number of centromeres and thus calculate specific types of chromosomes.
- Centromere probes can be used alone to detect monosomy or aneuploidy of chromosomes. It can be used as an important probe for evaluating certain cases.
- Centromere probes are commonly used as reference probes for many genes.
The use of centromere PNA probes is usually performed according to the following steps.
- We currently have centromere PNA probes. For most chromosomes, directly labeled CEN probes are suitable for hybridization with highly repetitive human satellite DNA sequences that are mainly located in the centromere regions of the chromosomes.
- Creative Peptides can be completely customized according to any gene sequence you choose, and our probe design algorithm will automatically create the best centromere PNA probe with high binding quality.
- Different fluorescent materials can be selected for the probes according to the needs. The unusually bright fluorescent probes will make chromosome detection simple and convenient, and each probe provides hybridization buffer.
PNA technology has emerged as a research technology, rapidly evolving into applications in biodiagnostic analysis, and is now an effective alternative to traditional FISH procedures for in situ chromosome identification and aneuploidy detection. It has many advantages (specificity, speed, discrimination ability), which makes it very attractive for many cytogenetic purposes. It has been used to describe specifically identified human chromosomes and is undergoing new adaptations.
Creative Peptides often receives requests for custom synthetic PNA probes for novel, rare or specialized applications. If you are looking for a PNA probe that is not mentioned in this website, please feel free to contact us by email or phone!
Notice: Products and services are used only for scientific research.