Modification by C Replacement
The replacement of the backbone C has the advantage of not changing the configuration of the PNA, and generally does not reduce the hybridization performance of the PNA.
Creative Peptides provides high-quality PNA backbone modification services to promote the PNA development of our customers, we are committed to advancing and accelerating your research plan.
- Oxy-PNA (OPNA)
- Phosphono-PNA (pPNA)
In order to overcome the characteristics of low water solubility, a new peptide nucleic acid OPNA was synthesized by introducing ether bonds in the peptide nucleic acid backbone. In OPNA, O atoms replace C atoms, that is, ether bonds replace methylene groups. The ether bond backbone is more flexible, binds firmly to DNA or RNA, and its water solubility is correspondingly improved.The oxy-PNA (OPNA) derived from L-homoserine with ether linkages forms a less stable duplex with DNA and shows extremely high sequence specificity.
In order to synthesize new PNA analogues with achiral and negatively charged backbones, phosphono PNA (pPNA) was designed, in which the monomer is connected with a phosphonate bond. pPNAs contain either N-(2-amino-ethyl)phosphonoglycine or Ar-(2-hydroxyethyl)phosphonoglycine units. The complex formed by the chimera of PNA and pPNA monomers is more stable than the equivalent homologous pPNA.
● Able to bind PNA with sequence specificity.
● Weak affinity
● It shows promising binding properties for complementary DNA and RNA sequences.
● The introduction of a negative skeleton results in excellent water solubility.
● The stability of the complex formed by pPNA is lower than that of the corresponding PNA.
- Produce high-quality customized peptide nucleic acids. We provide our customers with highly purified, reliable and reproducible results, and the highest quality compounds available within a time frame that meets each customer's expectations.
- Peptide nucleic acid has a complete quality control package, through HPLC analysis to ensure purity and mass spectrometry analysis to confirm identity, no matter what type of modified peptide nucleic acid you need, or even related reaction reagents, we can help you.
- Each service is supervised by skilled and well-trained chemists who can provide the best quality service in a short time. Our team is proficient in guiding our customers through the entire process to ensure that all requirements are met.
Creative Peptides team has deep PNA synthesis test experience and professional knowledge. We have first-hand experience and expertise in PNA, which can match the needs of customers and customize synthesis modification plans for individuals. Throughout the experiment, an experienced and dedicated team will accompany you all the time. We will complete your research on time and on budget. For more specific details, please feel free to contact us.
- Dilek I. Supramolecular structures involving peptide nucleic acid. Carnegie Mellon University. 2003.
Notice: Products and services are used only for scientific research.