PNA Backbone Modification
Since the PNA was proposed, chemical modification of its structural units has become one of the research focuses. In the modification of PNA structural unit, backbone modification is the main measure to improve the transport performance of PNA cells. The backbone modification refers to the modification of the N-(2-aminoethyl) glycine unit structure of the PNA. The backbone modification PNA has achieved certain success in increasing the water solubility and enhancing the hybridization performance. Moreover, partial backbone modified PNAs also have special advantages such as optical properties and self-assembly, which expand the application range of PNAs.
Either changing the length of the backbone between the two amide bonds or changing the length of the backbone between the base and the amino group will reduce the specific binding ability of PNA to DNA or RNA. Therefore, we believe that the skeleton modification of PNA should follow the principle of not changing the basic spatial configuration, and modification methods such as skeleton substitution modification or replacement of skeleton atom composition can be adopted.
There are many ways to modify the monomer skeleton, which can be summarized as the following:
- The introduction of N/C terminal of PNA can improve the water solubility of PNA, and the synthesis route is simple.
- The backbone of PNA is N-(2-aminoethyl) glycine. Many researchers introduced chiral branches at the α, β, and γ positions to improve its shortcomings, making PNA better in biology, biotechnology, medicine and other fields.
- The backbone introduced into the cyclic structure does not contain ionic bonds, and exhibits high affinity and stability when hybridizing with nucleic acids.
- The replacement of the backbone C atom has the advantage of not changing the configuration of the PNA, and generally does not reduce the hybridization performance of the PNA.
- At Creative Peptides , we actively communicate with customers during the process of PNA synthesis and modification, demonstrate and verify products, and provide convenience for customers' follow-up research.
- We provide PNA related research, covering almost all application areas.
- We conduct critical research under strict supervision and guidance.
- We are committed to working with our customers to advance the development of PNA.
Creative Peptides has been engaged in PNA development research for many years. With our advanced operating facilities and experienced research team, we are confident that we can complete your PNA research and provide accurate and timely results to facilitate your development process. If you would like to know more, please feel free to contact us.
Notice: Products and services are used only for scientific research.